What is a Pallet Rack System?
A Pallet Rack System is basically a heavy duty metal structure that has some kind of inventory on one or more levels. Pallet Rack Systems can be configured to hold a wide variety of pallets, boxes, barrels, tires – really just about anything.
Warehouse Solutions, Inc. has created pallet racking systems for many businesses from just a few pallet positions to tens of thousands. We have built them to be highly efficient for maximum product storage and have used a wide range of products such as uprights, load beams, wire decking, carton flow, pallet flow, push back, column guards, row spacers, etc.
Types of Pallet Racks
Click for more info about each type of pallet racking system.
- Cantilever rack
- Drive-in rack
- Pallet rack accessories
- Push back rack
- Selective pallet rack
- Storage rack system
Here are some of the advantages:
1. Pallet racks helps best use every bit of space. If you have vertical space, pallet racking can be used to place storage on even the highest shelves.
2. Using high quality steel means you can expect these shelves to last for years to come.
3. These racks are safe, stable, and reliable because of the high quality steel they are made from and because the load weight is factored in to the completed design.
4. Pallet racking allows easy access to your products with just a forklift or pallet jack.
5. It is easy to install pallet racks.
Cost is the only real disadvantage of pallet racking. Thankfully, Warehouse Solutions, Inc. can significantly cut your cost by providing used pallet racking to fit your warehouse space.
Other Questions and Information
How high and deep should my pallet racks be?
When determining the height and depth you need, choose a height that is about 4 feet less the height of your ceiling. A typical depth for a standard pallet rack is around 42 inches (pallets are 48×40 inches). The upright frames will depend on your load requirements and needs.
Pallet racking beams, or cross beams, safely connect with the upright columns to form the different levels of shelving. The cross beams remove weight from the beams and evenly distribute the load’s weight. The cross beams come in many different lengths from 48-144 inches so you are sure to find what suits your project.
Selecting the correct pallet racking
Selecting the correct pallet racking for your needs can be hard if you’ve never done it before. Call our professionals at 800-278-1715 to get started with a quote and order your products for quick delivery!