Advantages of drive-in pallet racks
- Maximum use of available space, up to 85% over conventional pallet rack
- Forklifts work within the racks so there are no aisles between rows
- Reduces space costs, holds more loads
- The systems offer a wide variety of lengths and upright sections
- Entrance and exit of goods are well controlled
- Driving into the racking system to gather materials can make it faster and easier to move things
- Holds heavy loads
- Great for a distribution center or storage space with a large number of a few products
- Can be used in the construction of rack-supported warehouses, as they do not require the existence of a building prior to construction.
Disadvantages of drive-in pallet racks
- Drivers must be very attentive to their work to avoid pallet rack damage
- Pallet rack systems can be expensive, especially when buying new
The drive-in racking system uses a common entry/exit but drive-thru racks have a separate entry and exit. This is a nice feature for warehouses that have a lot of traffic or a need to move quickly and more efficiently.