Drive-in Rack provides static high-density storage for large quantities of like product with low-level turnover. It is ideal for like products with a high number of pallets per article type, generally stored and shipped in large lots.
Drive-in Rack offers the highest use of available space in terms of both area and height. Forklifts can drive directly into the rack to allow storage of six or more pallets deep. Drive-in rack can generally accommodate as many article types as there are loading aisles.
- Maximum use of available space, up to 85% over conventional pallet rack.
- Elimination of aisles between rack.
- Reduces space costs, holds more loads
- Entrance and exit of goods are well controlled.
- Two systems available: Drive-In Rack, which uses a common entry/exit, and Drive-Thru Rack, which has a separate entry and exit.
- Drive-in rack can also be used in the construction of rack- supported warehouses, which may be a cost-effective storage solution, as they do not require the existence of a building prior to construction.